A5 | 1 - Front Court
|Living Room: No
|Network: Wired and Wireless
|CUDN Access: Yes
The information for this room is accurate to our best knowledge. If you believe it is inaccurate please contact the Webmaster.
|I currently live in A51. The room is a good size for its current grade (3). The proximity to hall is fantastic - no excuses for missing meals, and it's perfectly central within college for visiting n/s court and hostel.
The main downside is the noise. At the weekend you need to be a heavy sleeper as Revs and Spoons are within view of the window and it can get very noisy. And during the day you'll need to get used to the regular 2 minute beeping from the crossing. There are outer and inner windows, but at the moment both don't quite shut properly, so the noise is not as muted as it could be.
But if you don't mind the noise (and like me can sleep through anything) then it's a lovely room - high ceilings and sink. And 2 toilets and 1 shower between the four rooms. And one last thing, the shower is not hot. It is at best lukewarm, and there's nothing maintenance can do, so if that's of great importance I would look elsewhere!
|Good:- AWESOME location. I can't explain how good it is to get up 5 mins before lecture and be EARLY not just on time.
- Convenience: Everything is within about a minute away (Freepos, Hall, Pidgeonholeroom, cash machine, library, john lewis, subway, more restaurants, bank, post office, revs and cindies)
- Good size for grade 3.
- Nice view.
- Flat arrangement is really really cool if you have nice people.
- Best person to shower ratio on college without being ensuite.
- Bad heating/insulation = gets cold.
- Beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep from street.
- General traffic/revs, but you get used to it.
- Shower is crap. Cold and limp.
- Small kitchen but actually not that bad and you can make it work.