Emmanuel College Students’ Union, or ECSU, is the representative body for undergraduate students at Emmanuel College, Cambridge. The daily business of ECSU is managed by the Committee, whose members have specific responsibilities and are elected on a yearly basis at the end of Michaelmas Term.
• We represent student perspectives and views on college committees, speaking up for undergraduates at every level of decision-making and governance.
• We produce a comprehensive timetable of welfare provisions each term, from drop-in sessions to pub quizzes in the bar.
• We sit on Cambridge SU councils and forums, ensuring that Emmanuel students are heard on broader issues affecting the University.
• We work on access initiatives, dispelling myths about Cambridge and ensuring that the brightest students apply regardless of socioeconomic status or background.
• We provide financial support to clubs and societies, and fundraise for local, national, and international charities chosen by the student body.
• We campaign for more ethical and environmentally sustainable practices in college, so that Emmanuel can lead the way in dealing with the climate crisis.
• We are proud to recognise that liberation and welfare go hand in hand, and work accordingly - with intersectionality in mind in everything we do - to ensure that Emmanuel is a community that everyone can feel safe and welcome in, regardless of race, nationality, gender, sexuality, or disability.
ECSU Presidents & Vice Presidents (since 2004)
Charlotte Sainsbury (Vice President)
Arthee Yogendran (Vice President)
Sarah Johnson (Vice President)
Claire Tarn (Vice President)
Aisling O’Dwyer (Vice President)
Zing Tsjeng (Vice President)
Vidur Khanna (Vice President)
Poppy Gould (Vice President)
Chloe Maine (Vice President)
Harry Hickmore (Vice President)
Phoebe Weller (Vice President)
Alina Khakoo (Vice President - Lent, Easter)
Charlie Mercer (Vice President - Michaelmas)
Kavish Shah (Vice President)
Tom George (Vice President)
Olivia Malmose O’Connor (Vice President - Lent, Easter; President - Michaelmas)
Matilda Schwefel (Vice President - Michaelmas)
Colin Kaljee (Vice President)
Jerry Chen (Vice President)
Sawen Ali (Vice President)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to correct any errors or add to our record.
Emmanuel College, founded in 1584, is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Cambridge. It is well-known and popular among students, having earned the well-deserved reputation of being a “friendly” college. Emmanuel is in the heart of Cambridge, in a main shopping area, yet is off the tourist track and never feels crowded or pressured. It is one of the larger colleges in Cambridge with a community of more than 600 people. At its head is the Master - Dame Fiona Reynolds; there are some 80 Fellows, around 450 undergraduates and some 150 graduate students in residence at any one time, and a large permanent staff.
University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is one of the larger universities in the UK, and is the second oldest university in the United Kingdom. It is a world-class leader in both teaching and research with many well-known alumni.
ECSU graphics redesigned by Jerry Chen (Vice President - 2020) based on original drawings and designs by Matilda Schwefel (Vice President - Michaelmas 2018; President - 2019).
Current website developed by Nathan Hawkes (Webmaster - 2019) and maintained by Ben Shute (Webmaster - 2020).
< Back to info