Information Regarding the Formal Hall System in Emmanuel College
Booking for formal hall is quite simple:
- Go to www.emma.cam.ac.uk
- Click the Login button at the top right-hand corner of the page
- Click Raven Login.
- Log in to Raven. You will then be returned to the Emmanuel home page.
- Click the fork and knife symbol in the top right-hand corner of the page, just below the Logout button. OR click the 'Book Formal Hall Online' link a bit further down the right-hand side of the page.)
- You should now be at the Formal Hall booking web page. Book away!
Guidance For Behaviour At Formal Hall
- Formal Hall is a special occasion and students should always have regard for their fellow diners, staff and college property. The following points should also be maintained.
- Gowns should always be worn by members of the College in Formal Hall and everyone is expected to arrive promptly at 7.30pm.
- The staff have the right to refuse admission to or to exclude anyone turning up who, in their opinion, is not in a fit state to participate in a civilised dinner.
- People should not wander round the hall unnecessarily, as this affects the catering staff.
- Throwing food is strictly prohibited. Drinking races or drinking games are not allowed at any time.
- Formal Halls are not an occasion for flashlight photography but it is permitted after the Fellows have left the hall or after coffee has been served.
- While the Fellows are in the hall there should be no toasting or singing. These activities are permitted, however, after the Fellows have left the hall as long as no inconvenience is caused to the staff.
- Pennying and other drinking games are strictly forbidden. Anyone found breaking this rule will be asked to leave. Continued breaking of this rule could result in the loss of College's alcohol license.
< Back to info